School may be out, but the learning never stops! Here are a few general library things I’m excited to brush up on this summer, while the job search kicks into high gear:
- Languages (French; Italian; Irish)
- HTML, CSS, XML (upcoming workshop from Ladies Learning Code)
- MS Office (I use Office for Mac every day, but should revisit Windows)
- Presentation tools (Prezi; SlideShare)
- Sirsi Workflows
Tumblibrarians: are there other tools I should be learning and/or brushing up on this summer?
- Business/Competitive Intelligence Databases (thanks, J.)
Legal Research: Rated M for Mature
The Law Librarians of Puget Sound have put together a list of nine essential apps for legal practitioners. I like this list because it sticks to the essentials: four productivity apps and five legal research apps.
Most of these would be useful for Canadian legal research, apart from Fastcase and LawStack. I haven’t been able to find all-in-one Canadian alternatives to those products—seems like this area is ripe for innovation. Is this something CanLII might be able to take the lead on?